Bachelor of Philosophy program includes several cycles of academic disciplines. The program includes training of the philosopher disciplines such as foreign language, world history, the foundations of the theory of law, history of science, the foundations of economic theory, the foundations of linguistics, the concepts of modern science, physiology of higher nervous activity, ecology, education, general psychology. Among major professional disciplines occupy an important place courses on logic, ontology and epistemology, social philosophy, philosophy and methodology of science, ethics, aesthetics, history and philosophy of culture, philosophy, religion, Philosophical issues of specific scientific disciplines, theory and practice of argumentation, philosophical anthropology, philosophy, language, philosophy, politics and law, philosophy of education.
Throughout the training period we study the history of foreign and domestic philosophy. Students also have the opportunity to attend special courses taught by leading faculty and visiting faculty part time - specialists of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Russian State Humanitarian University, etc.
Beginning with the second-year students have the opportunity to specialize in one of the following areas of philosophical research (on the relevant departments):
- The logic
- Ontology and epistemology
- Social Philosophy
- History of Foreign Philosophy
- History of Russian Philosophy
- Philosophy and Methodology of Science
- Philosophical Anthropology
- History and Theory of Culture
- Philosophy of Education
- Philosophy of Language and Communication
- Philosophy of Politics and Law
Department of Philosophy program is included in the international cooperation department of the University of Tuebingen (Germany), Institute of Philosophy of the University of Karlsruhe (Germany), University of Augsburg (Germany), State University of New York (Albany, NY, USA), China Ren Min University (Beijing, China ), Humboldt University. Sun Yat-sen (Guangzhou, China) on the project with the International College of Philosophy (France) with the support of the Embassy of France in Russia operates a virtual department of "Contemporary French Philosophy," in which a college professor come to read the corresponding lecture course.
The area of professional activity of the graduate department of Philosophy includes:
- institutions of secondary, special secondary (schools, high schools, colleges, high schools) and higher education;
- academic and research organizations involved in dealing with philosophical problems;
- editorial offices, museums and libraries;
- State agencies, municipal government, community organizations and businesses.