Since 2011 the Faculty of Philosophy at the base of the department opened a new direction of cultural training, "Pragmatics and management culture." This is a unique educational program that offers a fundamental education in the field of cultural studies. Graduates of the program will be able to realize themselves in the field of science and education, and in the management of organizations and cultural institutions.
Department of Cultural Studies in the Philosophy Faculty is formed on the basis of one of the first Russian cultural departments - the Department of History and Theory of World Culture. The department originated in 1990 with the support and participation of the brilliant Soviet scientists, having attained international fame. Among them - SS Averintsev, V. Bibihin, ML Gasparov, Vyacheslav. Sun Ivanov, GS Knabe, AJ Gurevich, JM Lotman, E. Meletinsky, N. Tolstoy, VN Axes, BA Assumption, etc. The first chair was Academician Vyacheslav. Sun Ivanov. From 1995 to 2009 the department was headed A.L.Dobrohotov. The work of the cultural studies department since 2010, directs the DA Lungin.
Education in the specialty "cultural studies" in the Philosophy Faculty of Moscow State University, you can:
- master the techniques of analysis of cultural phenomena;
- transfer of skills and comprehensive work with the text;
- the skills art history analysis;
- develop a wide erudition and ability to freely navigate the various areas of culture (philosophy, religion, literature, politics, science, technology, art, iconography, theater, cinema, music, architecture, etc.);
- become a professional in the field of cultural policy and to work successfully in organizations that create products and services in the field of visual, literary, theatrical, musical and other arts.
Building the home of the cultural sciences and the solution of actual problems facing cultural studies today - the main task of the educational program offered by the department.
Teachers Program - Professors and teachers of philosophy, philology and history faculties, the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Area Studies Moscow State University, leading researcher of the Institute of Philosophy of Sciences, National Institute of Arts, Institute of Oriental Studies, RAS Institute of Psychology, Institute of World Culture, Moscow State University. Also among the teachers of the program - practicing managers of cultural organizations and leaders of cultural institutions, experts with successful experience in management consulting and other projects.
The number of disciplines unit "Cultural Pragmatics" includes:
- History and Theory of World Culture
- Semiotics and Linguistics
- Theory and History of Literature
- Theory and History of Art
- History of philosophical thought
- History of Religions
- Ancient languages (Latin and languages of their choice: Ancient Greek, Old Irish, Sanskrit, Pali, etc.)
- Cultural Anthropology
- Culture of everyday life
- Religious culture
- Political Culture
- Mass Culture
- Modern technology and information society
- Theory and practice of argumentation
- Russian language and culture of speech, etc.
A special place among the disciplines of general management culture occupy and Applied Cultural Studies, which will enable graduates to maintain separation of organizational and managerial and expert advisory activities in culture and in various branches of modern business (media, advertising, public relations, film, editing and publishing, Tourism, Art, Business, etc.). Preparation of experts able to offer competent analysis of the cultural situation, to understand the "language of culture", the essence of the intra-and inter-cultural conflicts, build intercultural dialogue - the main task of the educational program.
The number of disciplines unit "Management culture" includes:
- Modern management
- Theory of Organizations
- Organizational culture
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Social and Organizational Psychology
- Methods of decision making
- Culture of Mass Communications
- Protection of cultural heritage
- Tourism and regional studies
- Organization of exhibitions and art-business
- Museum management
- Applied Cultural Studies and others
Department of Cultural works in close collaboration with the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Area Studies MSU. In addition to the advanced course the main target language (English, German, French), students have the opportunity to study optional modern European and Oriental languages (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese). Having mastered the basic language skills, students take specialized courses in foreign languages (for example, the course "Language and Culture in France" in French, the course "Culture of Japan" in Japanese, etc.). Particular attention is paid to the teaching of ancient languages: Latin language and second language of choice (Greek, Sanskrit, Old Irish).
History of Art
Considerable attention and a lot of time in the curriculum given to the teaching of art history courses ("Theory and History of Art," "Space art in Western culture", specialized courses). Courses leading reading researcher at the State Institute of Art. Rates are an essential scientific basis for students who plan to tie its future activities with art history, museology, or art business.
Students go through the museum and the department of industrial and technological practice.
Admission to the program is based on exam - Russian language, history and social studies. Additional introductory test to profile subject - social studies (in writing).
Seats, state-funded — 5.
At the end of the qualification "cultural."
Graduates of an educational program receive a diploma of Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov